I am admittedly fall-obsessed. I try to keep in mind that others don’t share my enthusiasm for the season, and (gasp) actually don’t consider it the best season of the year, but even knowing others don’t share my level of affection for the season it’s hard for me to contain my excitement. As Fall approaches I’ve been collecting little things that are fun and festive for the season ahead. Of course, you don’t have to buy anything to enjoy the season, but if you were looking for some items to level up your fall fun I might have found a couple things you would appreciate.
- Fall Coffee Mug. I know including a mug makes me a giant hypocrite since I am always telling my kids that their drinks “will taste the same no matter what color their cup is”. But it turns out maybe I was wrong, because I feel like a season mug adds to the enjoyment of my morning coffee…please don’t tell my kids! If you are on the hunt for a fun mug I really like this one. Of course there are tons to choose from on Etsy if you want to shop small, or check out Hobby Lobby or TJ Maxx for a discount.
- Fall nail color. I don’t buy new nail polish very often, but it’s kind of fun to grab a new color for the season. Yank my doodle by OPI is my favorite color for the season.
- A diffuser blend. A year or two ago I might have listed a fall scented candle, but I am trying to eliminate as many toxins in our home as I can, and it turns out scented candles are full of them. So now to make my home smell cozy and yummy I diffuse essential oils. This year I am loving thieves, stress away, orange and vanilla extract in the diffuser. (If you want to learn more about essential oils let me know, I’m happy to help.)
- Electric candles and twinkle lights. I love to turn on my candles and lights in the evening to give our home all the cozy vibes. I am always hopeful that it will help my boys to chill if the lights are dim and soft…a Mom can hope, right?
- Pie Cutters. Fall is my favorite season to bake, and baking pies always makes me feel connected to my Grandmother who use to bake pies all the time. These pie crust cutters are so fun and add a festive flair to pie baking that I just can’t resist.
- Festive Dish Towels. Dish towels are a fun way to add a pop of Fall to your kitchen. I grabbed a set from the dollar spot this fall, but I also really like this set from amazon. They are also great to have on hand for gifting. You can wrap baked goods or a bottle of wine in a pretty dish towel to give to a friend or hostess.
- Soup Recipe. Is there anything better than a pot of soup bubbling on the stove? This chicken soup is my favorite soup recipe. It’s my go to when I am under the weather. It’s yummy and full of good for you stuff!
- A fun book. I hesitate to recommend a book, because everyone’s taste in books can be so different, but I thought I’d share a few I’ve enjoyed, because snuggling up and enjoying a good book can be a great way to spend a fall afternoon/evening—you know if you don’t four kids running around. For a fun hallmark-y fall inspired read check out The Recipe Box. If you want a light hearted young adult read To All the Boys I Loved Before is my favorite series. I’ve also recently listened to Adventuring Together and Memory Making Mom and enjoyed them both.
- A fun fall cocktail recipe. I think this apple cider sangria sounds delicious, I can’t wait to give it a try this fall.
- Earrings. I am by no means a fashion blogger, but I think that a statement earring is a really fun way to add some seasonal fun to your wardrobe. I also love the idea of supporting a small business. I like these, and these that I found on Etsy. I think both would pair well with fall outfits.
Have you found any fun fall finds this season? What are your favorite seasonal items? Please share!!