The Fourth of July is quickly approaching, but there’s still plenty of time to pull off a festive treat for the kids. These treats are super easy to throw together and are perfect for a backyard gathering or an special afternoon treat, of course paired with a few Fourth of July books!
1. Sweets Board. Making a festive sweets board is a no brainer thanks to all the red and blue berries! Add some marshmallows, chocolate covered pretzels and brownie stars and you’re all set!
2. Sweet Sparklers. This fun treat is sure to make kids excited, who doesn’t love a treat on a stick? You can even set out the goodies and let them build it themselves! You can use watermelon, brownies or rice Krispy treats cut into stars as the topper, and blueberries, strawberries and marshmallows to fill it up.
3. Festive S’mores. Put a festive spin on the classic s’more by dipping the grahams in melted chocolate and adding sprinkles.
4. Firework munch. I call this firework munch because I think it would be the perfect snack to enjoy while you watch fireworks! It’s super easy to throw together! On a sheet pan layer popcorn, pretzels, Chex cereal, patriotic m&ms, red and blue gummy bears and anything else you might enjoy in the mix. I would totally add peanuts! Then drizzle with melted white chocolate and add sprinkles!
5. Red, White and Blue Sundae Bar. It’s hard to beat an ice cream sundae. There is something so nostalgic about homemade ice cream on the Fourth of July, but any ice cream will get the job done. Just make sure you add some red, white and blue to they topping line up!
- Red/Blue M&Ms
- Red/Blue gummy bears
- Pop rocks
- Crushed up patriotic Oreos
- Star shaped brownies
My favorite part of any holiday is spending time with my family making memories! Adding in festive treats just makes the memories a little bit sweeter!
Do you have any fun treats you are planning this year? I’d love to hear all about them!