St. Valentine’s Day offers a wide variety of festive snacks to partake in, so many I really feel like there’s not enough time to enjoy them all! When I’m planning holiday/themed snacks I’m always look for a big return on my investment. In other words, I want it to pack a big festive punch with out a lot of effort/time on my part. There are some amazing and fancy festive snacks and treats crowding Pinterest, but this Mama doesn’t have time for that!
Here are the 5 festive eats I’m planning this month.
1. Heart shaped hand pies. I had been wanting to try these, they look super cute. Since, the recipe calls for pre-made pie crust it was definitely not too labor intensive.
2. Heart pancakes- We make pancakes about once a week, so giving them a festive little makeover is super easy. Shaping them into hearts, and then adding sprinkles and whip cream is a no brained.
3. Strawberry-yogurt fruit dip- super easy, but my kids love it. Strawberry yogurt and cool whip. I’ve even snuck in vanilla protein powder to make it a little healthier. Add some sprinkles to the top and let them go to town dipping their favorite fruit!
4. Pb blossoms with Reese’s hearts– This classic Christmas cookie is my all time favorite, so I can’t resist putting a little Valentine’s Day spin on it!
5. Heart shaped rice krispy treats. Is there anything sweeter than a homemade rice krispy treat? I plan to cut ours into hearts and drizzle with white chocolate and then sprinkle with—-you guessed it, sprinkles!
Pair any of these love-themed snacks with a few books to read or serve as an extra special afternoon snack to spark a little joy around your home. Or package them up and share them with friends and family.
What are you dreaming of making this month?