Usually I am shocked when a new month rolls around, wondering where the last month went. Not this month, January felt REALLY long. I’m excited to jump into February and excited for all the fun memory making opportunities ahead. If you haven’t caught any other posts in this monthly celebration series, you’re missing out! This is actually the completion of a whole year of Celebrate the Month posts! I have loved rounding up and sharing fun ways to celebrate and make memories in each month. Finding joy in the each season, being intentional with the little pockets of time I have and celebrating the little day to day moments are some of my favorite things! So here’s a fun list of activities, holidays, books and recipes to make February extra special. Of course, I went with a love theme for many of the activities, because although it is a bit cheesy and commercialized, I don’t think there is anything wrong with being spreading a little extra love this month!
- 2nd- Goundhog Day/Candlemas
- 4th- Winter Olympics opening ceremony
- 5th- World Read Aloud Day
- 7th- N. Send a Card to a Friend Day
- 9th- N. Pizza Day
- 12th- Lunar New Year
- 13th- Galentine’s Day/ Superbowl Sunday
- 14th- St. Valentine’s Day
- 17th- N. Random Acts of Kindness Day
- 20th- N. Cherry Pie Day
- 23rd- N. Banana Bread Day
- Have a heart shaped meal. Heart shaped pizza is a fun tradition, or try heart shaped pancakes. Add in strawberries and other red fruits to it a festive spread!
- Mail valentines to friends and family. Make a list of friends and family members that you might like to surprise with a little love note. Grandparents, cousins, neighbors, friends. Spend some time crafting cards or writing notes. Tuck in a coffee gift card or a few chocolates to really brighten their day.
- Go on a red/heart walk. Go for a walk and look for items that remind you of hearts—heart shaped rocks are fun to collect. (assuming they aren’t in a neighbors yard or protected nature park). You can also look for red items like berries, birds, houses, cars, etc.
- Have a family date night. Plan a dinner out, a pizza picnic or a candlelit dinner at home. Pick something that would be special for your crew and start a little love day tradition.
- Practice words of affirmation. Write it on hearts, tuck them in lunch boxes or whisper it in little ears. Let those around you know what you love about them.
- Have Family Olympics. Take some inspiration from the Winter Olympics and hold your own family Olympics. Pick some fun activities and get competitive! Here are some event ideas that look fun.
- Host a little gathering. Super Bowl party, valentines play date, galentines brunch…there are lots of opportunities to gather with friends or family this month!
Here are a few of our favorite St. Valentine’s Day reads, and a couple of fun books about kindness. You can see our all our favorite St. Valentine’s Day on this post.
The Love Monster and the Last Chocolate
Ordinary Mary’s Extraordinary Deed
Acts of Kindness
Here is a list of some fun Random Acts of Kindness ideas to try on National Random Acts of Kindness Day.
These heart-shaped cherry hand pies would be super sweet anytime this month. They would be especially perfect for national cherry pie day!
We made these drop style sugar cookies last month and they would be perfect for a sweet St. Valentine’s Day treat.
Feel free to grab this PDF to help you celebrate February!
Hope you have a festive February!