This easy summer dessert is one my Mom has made for years. This dish isn’t Pinterest pretty, but sometimes the best recipes aren’t, am I right? Of course I’m a fan of things being beautiful and delicious, but this dessert makes up for its looks with how easy it is to make! It’s perfect for summer celebrations because:
1. You don’t have to heat up the oven.
2. It’s super, SUPER, simple to throw together, which frees up time for other preparations or just more time relaxing and enjoying your people.
3. It’s delicious and seems much fancier than it actually is!
So here’s what you need:
– a box of ice cream sandwiches
– a tub of whipped topping
– toppings of your choice; hot fudge, caramel, chopped nuts, sprinkles
That’s it! Grab a pan. I used a 9×9 pan, which used 11 ice cream sandwiches and 1 tub of whipped cream. For a large crowd I’d recommend using a 9×13 pan and doubling the recipe. Unwrap your ice cream sammies and lay them out in an even layer in your pan. I usually cut one in half to place in the corner of the pan. Then spread half the whipped topping over the sandwiches and top it with the toppings of your choice. I leave out nuts, because my boys don’t love them. After the toppings you just repeat the layers: sandwiches, whipped topping, toppings. The end. Now place it in the freezer until you are ready to serve.