You know I love festive reads, and Halloween is no exception, but to be honest I am a little picky about my Halloween stories. They have to be really sweet, not at all spooky. If you have little kids, and similar standards when it comes to Halloween books check out our list below. We added a couple of new books this year to our collection of oldies-but-goodies from years past.
- That Monster on the Block– This is a new one this year, and I’m a big fan! It’s the story of what happens when someone new (and different) moves into a neighborhood of monsters and Halloween favorites.
- The Biggest Pumpkin Surprise Ever– A lift the flap and counting book that keeps my little guys’ attention.
- The Little Kitten– A new release with the sweetest illustrations and the story of a little girl who wants to return a lost kitty to her home.
- 10 Trick or Treaters– This fun board book counts down from 10 trick or treaters to 1 last trick or treater.
- Pumpkin Trouble– We’ve had this book for years. It’s a short story that is fun to read and always has my boys laughing.
- Pick a Pumpkin– I included this one in my Fall picks as well. I love books that feature the nostalgia of traditions of the season from finding a pumpkin to carving a jack-o-lantern.
- It’s Pumpkin Day Mouse– This board book features the mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie as he decorates pumpkins with a variety of faces.
- Little Blue Truck’s Halloween– Another favorite character- Little Blue Truck with fun interactive flaps to lift to find out who is wearing what costume.
- Stumpkin– Stumpkin is new to us this year. We got it from the library and the boys had me read it multiple times. It’s the story of a not so perfect pumpkin and his hope for a home for Halloween.
- Eenie Meenie Halloweenie– This story of a creative little girl and her imaginitive ideas for Halloween costumes is new to us as well, but it is already a favorite.
What Halloween books are on your must read list? I’d love to hear your favorites!