Month two of my Let’s Celebrate monthly series…and I’m only a week late, whoops! Here are some fun ideas for celebrating APRIL! It’s not too late to make some fun everyday memories this month!
Days to Celebrate
Here are some fun (silly) days we might observe this month:
April 12th- Drop Everything and Read Day- sounds like a fun homeschool day!
April 22nd- National April Shower’s Day- Not sure how to celebrate this one…may read some rain themed books?
April 23rd- National Pigs in a Blanket Day- Lunch menu will be easy on this day.
April 26th- National Pretzel Day- Any excuse to make another batch of soft pretzels! Recipe below!
April 30th- National Oatmeal Cookie Day- Of course one must make oatmeal cookies!
There are also a couple of feast days to celebrate if that is your jam:
- Divine Mercy Sunday- April 11th. Last year we made “divine mercy sundaes” with red and blue sprinkles to celebrate.
- Feast of St. Catherine of Siena- April 29th
Ways to Make Memories
– Design a city with chalk on the driveway. Have fun adding your favorite places to visit and imagining the perfect city…ours always includes a donut shop, a library and an ice cream shop. Draw a road around the city and pull out whatever vehicles you have to play in the city!
– Try bubble painting. This is a fun way to paint that involves blowing bubbles into the paint…what kid wouldn’t love being allowed to blow bubbles with their straw? Here is a post to check out the details.
– Read some poetry together. April is National poetry month, which makes it a great time to read some poetry. Have a poetry tea with snacks or head out with a blanket and find a sunny spot. Shel Silverstein’s poems are some of our favorite silly poems to giggle at together!
– Go on a pajama sunset walk. We have had a couple of beautiful evenings lately, perfect for a pajama walk. Get ready for bed and then switch it up and head out for a picturesque stroll as the sun sets.
Books to Checkout
Here are some fun books you might enjoy this month!
Recipe to Try
I tried these lemon cookies recently for a function and they were sooo good. I feel like Lemon is just such a bright springy flavor, and this recipe did not disappoint! They were super soft with a great lemon flavor!
For National Pretzel Day we recommend this soft pretzel recipe. We made some over lent and are eager to make some more.
These oatmeal cookies are delicious and adorable for National Oatmeal Cookie Day!
Spread the Joy
Surprise a friend with coffee or set up a park and coffee play date. Coffee, nature and friendship are sure to spread joy!
Send a handwritten note to someone you haven’t visited with recently. A sweet note in the mail is sure to bring a smile and brighten someone’s day!
Here’s the download of April ideas in case you want to keep it handy as a reminder! There’s one with feast days and one without!
Hope you have a wonderful April full of memory making fun!