Y’all, It’s June! Can you believe it? We are excited, there is so much to celebrate this month!
Days to Celebrate
June 4- National Donut Day- Grab a donut, make donuts, read donut books. Why not celebrate this delicious treat?
June 5- Not-so-National Ice Cream Sandwich for Breakfast Day- This one is a family tradition, not a national holiday, but we would love to have y’all join us in celebrating this fun day. The first time this holiday was celebrated, it was an unsanctioned affair started by my two year old raiding the freezer. Now it’s a fun family tradition. Get crazy and have ice cream for breakfast!
June 6- National Drive In Movie Day- If you don’t have a drive-in close, or don’t want to stay up quite so late, make your own drive in with cardboard box cards and enjoy a movie together!
June 8- National Best Friends Day- Celebrate all the great friendships in your life with a card, text or fun friends lunch.
June 15th- National Smile Day- The perfect day for some acts of kindness! Nothing will put a smile on your face more than making others smile…leave chalk notes, send happy mail, treat someone to coffee, share a treat.
June 18th- International Picnic Day- Pack a picnic and find a beautiful spot near or far!
June 19th- Juneteenth- This is a fairly new holiday for me, I learned about it last year. Juneteenth is the celebration of the last slaves finally being freed in Texas. Here is a great post to learn more about the history and a special way to celebrate. This podcast also has some helpful information about Juneteenth as well.
(also)June 20th- Summer Solstice- We love welcoming each new season. Last year we turned the van into an ice cream truck and delivered treats to friends. It was a hit…we might have to repeat it this year!
June 20th- Father’s Day- Spend a little time and make sure the Dad(s) in your life feel the love!
June 21st- National Smoothie Day- We love a yummy smoothie around here. Smoothies are our go-to summer breakfast! Here are some yummy recipes to try at home.
Memories to Make– There are so many fun ways to make memories and bond as a family during the summer! Here are a few we hope to do this month:
- Have a tie dye party! We did this last year and had so much fun sporting our tie dye all summer long!
- Welcome Summer. Take an evening or afternoon to welcome the new season. At our house celebrating summer always includes ice cream!
- Try out a new park. We love to discover new parks in neighboring towns. Pack a lunch and make a day of it!
- Run through the sprinklers. It’s an old simple classic, but my boys sure enjoy it!
- Play your favorite game outside
- Stay up late to watch a sunset
Spread Some Love
See how many people you can make smile on National Smile Day!!! Make calls, tell jokes, send notes…get creative a see how many smilies you can make!
Books to Checkout
If you’re looking for a sweet read about donuts our favorites are:
The Hole Story of the Doughnut
For Juneteenth learning and reading try:
All Different Now: Juneteenth, the First Day of Freedom
A Recipe to Share
Try making a smoothie together for National Smoothie Day. If you have a blender, some frozen fruit, and some milk/juice you’re all set! We love smoothies for breakfast. Here are some yummy recipes to try!
Feast Day Fun
Here are a few feast days we hope to celebrate this month:
- June 11th- Sacred Heart of Jesus
- June 12th- Immaculate Heart of Mary
- June 13th- St. Anthony of Padua the Patron Saint of lost things. I pray for his intercession quite frequently because I’m constantly losing things! I think playing hide a seek would be the perfect way to celebrate!
- June 24th- Nativity of John the Baptist. One of the only three birthdays celebrated by the church!
Here’s the Celebrate June printable
I hope you have a wonderful June full of fun memories!